Saturday 13 August 2011

What We’ve Been Doing This Summer

I know summer isn’t over yet but it almost feels like it is already. It has been an exciting and quite hectic one for thebod team. Here’s a brief summary of the exciting things we’ve been up to:

Summer started with attending the ball at my old college at Oxford, Pembroke college. I was of course accompanied by Denny, and it was a great excuse for meeting old Oxford friends and wearing fancy clothes. I was wearing a long red dress - the one from Kate Moss for Topshop first collection - which I managed to acquire on Ebay after several lost bidding wars. We drunk gin and tonic in tea cups and danced til dawn. Taking the tube at 6am in London, still wearing said dress, was certainly an experience.


The next milestone in our summer was my birthday on June 18th, which was spent with friends and family at my tiny but lovely flat and at the Riding House Cafe eating foie gras burgers and getting suitably tipsy.
Another great summer moment was the O2 Wireless festival in Hyde Park. Denny and I danced all day, stopping only to eat fish and chips and other fried produce between gigs. Aphex Twin, Alex Metric and The Chemical Brothers made us jump and shake our respective asses uncontrollably.


I then retired to my family’s 16th century watermill in the South of France for a couple of weeks, doing absolutely f*ck all, while Denny boy was entertaining his lovely chinese parents, who experienced their first trip abroad.

Back in London at the end of July, I resumed my lazy days lying down in the grass in my favourite London parks - Kew Garden and Regent’s Park - and roasting in the sun. My evenings were spent eating in favourite restaurants almost every night or in bars and pubs and gigs, helped by the return of Roxane (here is a link to her amazing blog) to the capital. Roxane and I also went to Field Day, bumping into old and new friends and dancing til complete exhaustion.


All in all, a pretty damn great summer. How’s your summer been?

2 comments:

  1. rad blog! loving your phots! very cool!

    check mi out if u have a min
    www.shervinsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shervin! Like your blog too! xx

    ReplyDelete