Monday 31 October 2011

Tartan and Pink

Last weekend, my business partner and dear friend Denny and I went out in the streets of Fitzrovia  - i.e. just behind my flat - to shoot our latest product, our long dark blue and green tartan wool scarf. 



This scarf is a rare find; I dug it out of the corner of a fantastic little shop in the cool and trendy area of Garuso-gil in Seoul. What I immediately loved about this scarf was its dark tartan print, which wouldn’t look out of place in a posh, all-boy boarding school in the middle of Scotland; yet its size - it is long and wide - gives it a bohemian and effortless twist, and creates interesting proportions in an outfit. You can wrap your otherwise scantily-clad body in it, and make everything look (weather) appropriate. On my photoshoot, I teamed it with our  bright pink wool tailored mini shift dress, thereby creating my all-time favourite fashion contrast, i.e. the tomboyish-but-still-feminine beauty. I also threw on Denny's blue French Connection cardigan, which I believe looks much better on me, when used as an oversized boyfriend jacket, which I wore both opened - to stay in the androgynous theme - or tied at the waist for a more feminine and offbeat look. I finished off my outfit with my favourite Korean, 'combat' ankle boots.








10 comments:

  1. love your scarf in the first outfit, its the colours i would nornally opt for when going for a safe outfit
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tartan scarf with the pink dress.....
    I think it is time to mix prints with other colors..
    Do not be afraid to look unique...

    xo

    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tartan scarf.
    If you want to fly on the coast Californians, visit my blog. Frances www.theafternoontea.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scarf -- and you have the most gorgeous hair!!

    Fashion Translated

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the comments guys! Tartan scarves are the best.

    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. this scarf is lovely, a classic that never expires! love love love that pink dress, looks fab on you ;)

    http://thegoorgeous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing photos. the pink dress is gorgeous and your hair looks amazing!!!!
    :)
    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the frock. The pink is a great choice to pair, unpredictably chic.
    -csicolorworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I like the scarf.
    If you like Ermanno Scervino, visit my blog. I'll wait you
    Frances www.theafternoontea.it

    ReplyDelete